Optimal, Individually tailored weight loss program
What questions will metabolic check help me with?
- Is body mass increased?
- How much over the limits is it?
- Why think is it? What is a cause?
- Can it be treated?
- Can diet and physical activities alone help you to reach the desirable weight?
- What would be the most suitable method for losing weight, in your case?
- Where does the fat accumulate?
- How much does it threaten your health?
- What would be the most suitable method to get rid of it?
- What is the current condition of your health?
- How does corpulence affect your body now?
- How can corpulence harm your health in the future?
- What are the things you should notice when losing weight?
What is involved into Metabolic Health Check up ?
- Doctor’s visit.
- Laboratory tests – blood tests, urinalysis;
- Diagnostic examinations;
- Specialist visits (if necessary). Plan.
What tests may doctor arrange to help me with weight loss?
Best weight loss program is an individualised one. Tests vary depends on doctor’s assessment of your history, physical examination and initial tests findings. Commonly, it may include:
- Diabetes diagnostics
- Metabolism of lipids (fat)
- Metabolism of albumins
- Evaluation of thyroid gland
- Evaluation of liver and pancreas
- Evaluation of kidneys
- Full blood count
- Inflammation markers
- Abdominal Ultrasound;
- Thyroid gland Ultrasound;
- Electrocardiogram (ECG);
- Cardiac Stress Test
What Doctor consultation for weight loss include?
- Comprehensive assessment of information of your lifestyle, habits, medical history, overall feeling, used medication;
- general examination, evaluate the vital indicators, anthropometric measures (height, weight, BMI etc.), your constitutional type, stomach palpation, auscultate your heart and lungs;
- Office tests (Spirometry, body composition, BMI, blood pressure, heart rate, osygen saturation)
- Review and interpret the results of your tests and examinations;
- Advice a specialist’s consultation if needed: Cardiologist, Endocrinologist, Gastroenterologist or Psychotherapist, exercise physiologist etc
- Discussion of management plan to ensure it fits your lifestyle.
What are costs of the Metabolic Health Check up?
|N#||Test/ Examination||Purpose/ Description||Length, min||Cost|
|1.||Initial doctor’ consultation||Anamnesis, vital, physical and anthropometric indicators (heart rate, blood pressure; auscultation of lungs and heart; weight, height, fat folds, BMI, body composition, spirometry). Summary of all the test and examination results, patient consultation, recommendations.||Up to 40 min||$300|
|2||Follow up visit||Review of results, discussion of findings, plan, lifestyle modifications, referrals.||Up to 40 min||Bilk billed|
*Rarely, but some tests may be not Medicare eligible and patient may need to pay. Lab and Image companies prices are not under Dr Miller Clinic control.
What I will receive at the end of metabolic check up?
When you complete the Metabolic Health Check up, you will receive:
- a full medical report of the laboratory tests, examinations and doctor’s consultation;
- association of your test results concerning your excess weight problem diagnosis;
- recommendations and suggestions:
- recommendations for your weight loss program;
- recommendations for therapy, if necessary;
- recommendations for improving your health;